What is Blogging?
blog
blɒɡ/
noun
- 1.a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc.
- on a regular basis.
verb
- 1.add new material to or regularly update a blog."it's about a week since I last blogged"
Blogging can be in the form of more reflective posts, or micro posts using platforms such as
Twitter. This wonderful infographic created by @teamtait shows how Teachers may use
Twitter (Micro-blogging):
I asked my Personal Learning Network (PLN) what their views of Twitter and Blogging
were in terms of how they support effective CPD. Below are a few of the responses:
were in terms of how they support effective CPD. Below are a few of the responses:

Really good way of capturing our impact with teams : )
ReplyDeleteA fantastic way to lead by example and get tutors to use blogging to evidence learning and progress
This is a good point, any way of capturing feedback and progress is an advantage!
DeleteCan you think of any particular ways that we could capture impact?
ReplyDeleteIf we all had "Name TLC" Twitter accounts, we could see how many staff member followers we could get and use it as a way of sharing resources.
DeleteI can see it's advantages in terms of sharing ideas quickly and widely but as someone who doesn't use social media it would be a whole new world to me and something I would have to get used to first before it became effective.
ReplyDeleteit's the best thing I ever did
DeleteI agree, would take a while to get used to but can see the advantages once I'm used to it.
DeleteGreat idea. Once I've got going and followed the right kinds of people on Twitter, I'm suddenly exposed to great articles and links to all kinds of interesting stuff without even looking for it. It all comes to me when I check my Twitter feed. I feel I don't check it often enough, however.
ReplyDeleteYes checking it is the hard part. Commit to 10 mins a day and in a week you will be limiting yourself to ten minutes
DeleteIt's a quick way to share ideas and get other's thoughts.
ReplyDeleteindeed. Very useful for out of hours
DeletePerhaps by;
ReplyDeleteposting resources which they have developed in response to the session,
Sharing their progress with strategies/activities they have tried and what has/what has not worked
Blogging their learning from following cpd activities which extend upon the session e.g. action research or active learning sets.