A model of CPD is shown below. Today will predominantly focus on stage 1 - making you aware of the way in which social media can be an effective CPD tool.
Activity 1 - What things have made CPD/training effective for you in the past? Please put your answer below as a comment.
Extension Activity - Create a dialogue with another individual by commenting on their comment.
Activity 1 - having opportunities to discuss things which are relevant to my personal need.
ReplyDeleteDiscussions which enable me to gain confidence and consolidate my learning
Resources which I can refer back to enable me to make sense of my learning at a later date.
New ideas that help me transform my thinking.
Thankfully, you can access today's resources through your Google account!
DeleteAgreed. I also like the chance to have a go with the resources in the CPD session itself, so I'm 'hooked in' before I leave and get back to my normal work.
DeleteA chance to share ideas and feelings
ReplyDeleteIs this in a formal or informal way?
Deleteyes feelings are very important to acknowledge in the session - particularly to give the opportunity to overcome anxieties of staff
DeleteBoth. I like a good old flipchart exercise.
DeleteHaving time in the session to practice what I have learnt.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you will be doing that during this session!
DeleteI fully agree with this Kirsty, sometimes if we do not give time in the session it is hard to apply it when time is limited outside of the session
DeleteVisual, interesting. Recapping what has been learnt.
ReplyDelete